Friday, April 27, 2007

Sell FCX?

Beta of the FCX is 2.07(yahoo finance). Firms with high betas are cyclic firms. GDP growth is published yesterday. This years 1Q growth is 1.3% which is less than the analyst estimations. This rate is the almost the same GDP growth rate 4 years ago.
Technical analysis also shows a downtrend. I think I need to build a strategy to profit from market up and downs. e.g. If there is a down trend sell at the top and buy the same position from down again. As you can see from the chart I could earn much money if I would apply this strategy.



UPDATE 03.05.2007: This stock is going upwards now. I think that was a short term down trend. I made a small research. I think this sector is still strong and fundamentals of the sector is not changed. this stock has still upwards potential. This down trend was a good opportunity to buy more FCX shares.

No comments: